Printing problem

David Squance squance at elkvalley.net
Thu Feb 26 00:19:25 EST 2004

>On 2/25/04 3:31 PM, David Squance wrote:
>
>> One of the two problems is that Rev is freezing every time I attempt to
>> print a card.  I downloaded a fresh copy of RR2.1.2 and it made no
>> difference.  I can only assume that it is something I've done.  It started
>> with my current project--a very simple one card stack.  I'm trying to print
>> the content of a couple dozen fields in a sort of contrived array with a
>> simple "print this card" statement in a button.  The various buttons, etc
>> are masked and the showborder for each field is set to false first. It all
>> appears to work as expected, and prints, but shortly after the cursor quits
>> flashing and the colour wheel starts spinning.  Help!
>
>What do you mean when you say the buttons are "masked"? I've hit a
>problem in the past where overlaying a field and an image caused print
>problems. Are you placing something over the buttons? What happens if
>you just hide the buttons instead?
>
>I'm assuming from the "colour wheel" reference that you are running OS
>X, right?

Yes. OS 10.3.2.  I'll try the 'hide' route.  I was just being lazy, having
no idea that that could cause a problem.  I've always used 'hide' before,
but because of the card layout, it seemed much simpler just to create a
dummy button that covered everything I didn't want to print.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Dave