Serious Apps & New Statistics plugin available for countingyour scripts...

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Feb 25 16:55:27 EST 2004

Rob Cozens got me to thinking about Hemingway and just how many lines of
code there are in it..So, I first (of course) had to create a new
altPlugin called "altStats" which can count lines, words, chars. For
those altPlugin users it's at:

http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/altPluginDownload/Downloads.htm

 From the site:
This plugin allows you to count the number of lines, words and
characters in scripts. You can focus on stacks and substacks or on just
a single object.

Hemingway has been an evolving piece of work for a couple of years now.
The RunRev (client side) code is currently separated into a Main module
and plugins. The Main module is 11107 lines long, and with all the
plugins added (14 plugins) it totals over 42,000 lines of Transcript.
And this is only the client side. The server side is ASP, COM, C, and a
sprinkle of stored proc'ds. Currently Hemingway uses only one DLL,
altNTLM.dll for traversing firewalls in MS Enterprises (soon to be
available free to others who want/need it).

I think working with updatable plugins is the way to go with large
projects. It not only makes projects easier to manage and code, but also
easier to update.

BTW, ButtonGadget has 4668 lines of code + 1842 lines of code in the
startup splash application (only for ButtonGadget PRO)

-Chipp