RunRev Pricing

A.C.T. albrecht at act-net.com
Wed Feb 25 10:01:08 EST 2004

Hi, Thomas,

 > I think the word was slow at first but now has picked up speed and the
 > switch is happening very fast now.

that's why I wrote: It is hard to predict. Maybe it is different on your
side of the Atlantic ;-) The publishers I work with are generally "old
fashioned", some of them love working in Quark 2 ... well, "some" is not
the right work, but at least those exist.

> I have met a lot of Windows users that were so intrigued by OSX and it's
> productivity increases that they have started to include Macs in with
> their suite of Windows computer only offices. (and most of the old
> arguments they had are no longer there and they are starting to admit
> that , at least to me)

That's fine - and the exact oposite to what I am experiencing. Macs are
more and more "fleeing" the offices where I walk in and out. Personally
I can understand that, but that is a completely different story.

As far as the topic of this thread is concerned: I still think it is
hard to predict what OS on Mac will be dominant for the next 18 months.
I tend to say it's "Mac OS <X" (9, 8.5 etc), but it is very much
possible that this only applies to Germany as I do not have to do with
foreign customers that often.

Marc Albrecht
A.C.T. / level-2
Glinder Str. 2