RunRev Pricing

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Feb 25 03:22:42 EST 2004

>But as for getting going with Mac, I believe all Mac versions are
>included in the Mac license, which would mean both OS X and the
>older Classic.   I can't imagine RunRev would charge separately for
>the defunct OS 9.
>
>--
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation

I was going to let this remark pass, but we have a mixed bag of
readers on the list and it comes as a bit of surprise to hear it from
you, Richard. OS9 may be defunct but last January Steve Jobs stated
that OSX accounts for only (well, he said already) 40% of Mac users.
For marketting, the technical proveness of a system is less relevant
than the size of that market segment and it seems that majority of
Mac users are still with the older platform. That is quite a few
people. May be your products are addressed to the upper group which
switched, but this is not true in general. W98 has been defunct even
longer and it is still fully supported by most software vendors
(granted, it is somewhat easier than in case of OS9/OSX).

Robert