trying to keep up to date with the list, bits and bobs

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Feb 24 21:34:19 EST 2004

On 25 Feb 2004, at 12:16 am, DVGlasgow at aol.com wrote:

> Finally, I am *still* having odd problems with Win XP that I can't
> nail, that
> don't happen on any other Win OS or Mac classic (dunno about X, I am
> still
> too scared to switch).  The one I heard about today is that a button
> that is
> 'shown' on opencard or via a tab click doesn't show on XP.  Same
> install on
> earlier Wins (& Mac) works fine.  I don't want to bore you all with
> baroque script,
> but I just want someone to say "Yes, Win XP is as strange as it looks
> and
> misbehaves with my stacks too".  Maybe add a few hints about why XP
> doesn't
> always seem able to respond to messages in the way everything else
> does.

I don;t know if it is in any way related, but I had a problem with
disabled buttons in WinXP when I built the app in another OS. The
buttons were actually disabled but they looked normal, so it was purely
a visual glitch. Transferring the stack file to a WinXP system and
doing the build there, without making any changes, fixed it all up.

So my recommendation would be to borrow an XP system and build for XP
using that.

Cheers,
Sarah