Choices, Choices, Choices

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Feb 24 09:19:52 EST 2004

>I have hundreds of buttons. In groups of about 130 each.
>Each button has three states: Available to hit, Not-available to hit
>and mouseDown once hit.
>I need to set the available/not-available state depending on the
>other buttons.

Morning, Tom.

Unless you are using them for other purposes, each button has
properties you can use to store this information: eg:
enabled/disabled, hilited, armed, and visited.

If "not-available to hit" means the button does not respond to mouse
events, then available/not available can = enabled/disabled.  The
visited property could be used to store "mouseDown once hit"  If a
"not-available to hit" button must respond to mouseEvents, one could
store "Available to hit" in the hilite property and "not-available to
hit" in the armed property.  If available/not available are opposite
boolean states of the same property, one needs only one property to
toggle on or off.

Then one needs only to check the property of buttons upon which the
target button depends to determine how to set the target button's
properties.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company