let me rephrase that

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 24 07:54:22 EST 2004

Dar,

Thanks, I don't really understand the array and it's benefits yet. I am
trying to sink my teeth into it and apply it to my issue in my head.
What does nested mean to me? What would it benefit me to have it appear
multidimensional?

The most important thing that seems to make sense to me right now is
the benefits of using a reference name that makes sense.
I like that. It might make things a lot easier to read.

Dar, since I have a dozen items in each line that refer to each button
that is a lot of keys and I can see how it would apply BUT since I have
hundreds of button graphics each with dozens of lines ARE they separate
arrays? Then how to manage the separate arrays.
Or is it part of the same array? like in xml where each is a new main
key and then the dozen item keys..?????

Instead of line 20 item 1 and item 2 to check it would be the keyname
of (button 20) and check its button 1 and button 2 states to act upon.

Thanks again for your patience. I might be slow to learn but once the
stuff is in my head it runs wild.

Tom