Making a 'droplet' application?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Feb 23 19:40:05 EST 2004

On Monday, February 23, 2004, at 04:17 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

>> Do you know how to make this work on a Windows machine?
>>
> No I don't, but setting file associations i.e. linking a file
> extension to your app (presumably with a registry setting) would
> probably do it. You'll have to get a Windows expert to help you on
> that one.

I have such a poor memory and I spread myself so thin, I'm no expert.
I will say, I think this runs this with the command-line arg as the
path of the file that was dropped.  If the path has no spaces, you can
get it with $1.

(Unfortunately, this does not work exactly as expected, for example, as
on OS X.  Well, it didn't the last I checked.  I called it a bug and
RunRev said it is not.  I don't have a workaround.  I only use this in
those cases where spaces and quotes are not a problem.)

Dar Scott