concordance of RR stack

n.thieberger at linguistics.unimelb.edu.au n.thieberger at linguistics.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Feb 23 18:20:46 EST 2004

Dear Runrevers

In the 1980s Mark Zimmerman made a concordance tool called FreeText
(http://www.his.com/~z/c/index.html) available to the HyperCard
community. There were two versions, one that built a  concordance of
any text file, and another that built a concordance of a HyperCard
stack's fields. He has made the source code, in C, available on his
website.

I am writing to ask if anyone has built, or is interested  in
buidling, a concordance tool for RR. I have a tool (called Audiamus)
built in RR that links a set of transcripts to their media at the
sentence level. I would very much like to have a concordance of the
transcripts, but have no idea how to create a concordance that works
as  quickly and neatly as FreeText did.

Any suggestions welcome!

thankss

Nick Thieberger

Project Manager
PARADISEC
Pacific And Regional Archive for DIgital Sources in Endangered Cultures
http://paradisec.org.au

nicholas.thieberger at paradisec.org.au
Department of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
University of Melbourne
Vic 3010
Australia

Ph 61 (0)3 8344 5185