Custom props 201 hard question

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Feb 23 12:49:22 EST 2004

>So here's me using custom props sets...
>
>on initializeXOSLanguage
>   repeat for each line l in fld "randomlist"
>     set the XOS[l] of this stack to random(100)
>   end repeat
>end initializeXOSLanguage
>
>Results in a customproperty set named XOS with a list
>of custom properties (l) each with a random value. EZ...
>
>-- but
>
>    set the custompropertyset of this stack to "XOS"
>    repeat for each line l in fld "aboutlanguages"
>      put helptext into aboutlanguages[l]
>    end repeat
>    set the aboutlanguages of this stack to helptext
>
>does nothing - creates the xos cps if not already there.

Hi Xavier,

I'm having trouble visualizing this without seeing, for example, the
content of field "aboutlanguages" and the variable helpText.  As I
read the second example, you are placing the same text string
(helpText) in each element of a cps array keyed by a line of text
from field "aboutlanguages"; so if field "aboutlanguages" contained:

	Français
	Deutsche
	español

then after the repeat you have:

	aboutLanguages[Français] = helpText
	aboutLanguages[Deutsche] = helpText
	aboutLanguages[español] = helpText

and in the next statement you set the stack's aboutlanguages property
to helpText

Is that what you intended?
--

Rob Cozens