Beginners global variable pb

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Feb 23 08:59:15 EST 2004

>Switch master profiles based upon language chosen. set up properties
>for each language and fill things up from there.

Benoit, Tom, et al.

I believe the process described above is the one the designers of
Revolution expect people to use to support multi-lingual applications.

Note that, compared to the method I outlined for Graham, this
approach requires that the text for all supported languages be stored
in the application when it ships.  This means that (a) the text for
all languages is loaded in RAM with the standalone, (b) no languages
except those supported in the original distribution build can be
supported without rebuilding the application, and (c) creating a
user-translatable application is much more difficult.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company