RunRev Pricing

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Feb 23 10:31:28 EST 2004

Hi All,

The pricing for RunRev seems odd to me, the prices currently on offer
are as follows:

Enterprise $999	Runs and Generates code for MacOS X, MacOS 9, Windows
(many versions) and Linux.
Studio $299	Runs on one OS Platform and Generates code for MacOS
X, MacOS 9, Windows (many versions) and Linux.
Express $149	Runs on one Platform and generates code for that one platform.

My company just bought a Studio version of RunRev for MacOS X, which
is fine for my work Mac. However at home I have an older Mac that
doesn't support MacOS X and I would like to be able to run RunRev
under MacOS 9.2.2 on that machine.

However, it looks like the only way I can do this is to pay $149 for
an Express version, making a total of $488 to just give me the
ability to run on two OSes.

Is there some way I could get a deal on a version that just runs
under MacOS 9? If not, I'm not sure I want to pay $149 and so I
probably won't buy it and so I won't get into RR as quickly and
Runtime Revolution Ltd won't make *any* money!!!!

I think a better pricing plan would be to charge a base price for the
RR Engine, then a price for each Platform that you want to run on and
another price for each platform that you want to generate code for.

I really don't been to run RR on Windows or Linux or any of those
other platforms, but I *might* want to generate code for them, as it
is, I would have to pay a lot more to get something I don't need if I
were to buy the Enterprise edition.

Just my 5 cents worth!!!

All the Best and Thanks RR for making one of the best development
tools I have had the pleasure to work with!

Dave