Reading Dan's Book

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Sun Feb 22 15:59:34 EST 2004

At 1:36 AM +0000 2/21/2004, Douglas Mackay wrote:
>put "1|Task A|A|Pending|8/31/03|8/31/03|Note for Task A" into URL
>
>"file:MyToDo.txt" but the message box come up with a Script compile error:
>Error description: Expression: bad factor, What does this mean  ?
>what am I doing wrong ? when I open thos file with notepad the file
>is empty
>
>anyone explain  to me please what a "bad factor" is

It means there's something wrong with the syntax when Revolution
tries to parse the statement. (For example, if you try to divide a
number by a letter.)

This statement works fine for me in the message box. Are you sure
you're putting the whole thing on one line? (There shouldn't be a
line break after the word "URL", just in case.)

Also, double-check the quotes. If "1|Task
A|A|Pending|8/31/03|8/31/03|Note for Task A" isn't surrounded by
double quotes, you will get a "bad factor" error because Revolution
will think the slashes are operators and try to do division.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com