Immediate/Compile Time Execution for

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Feb 21 12:29:31 EST 2004

On Saturday, February 21, 2004, at 09:41 AM, Kevin wrote:

> Honestly, there is no "compile time" I am refering to as the script is
> being parsed.  Basically I am looking fo a set of  parse directives.
> It seems that there must be a API from inside Revolution to load and
> parse a module.   I mean it does so already from distrubition builder.
>  I just want to add "directives" look initially in a specific
> directory for library code or the path specified.

The documentation uses the word compile.  This takes place when a
script is set and between loading of a stack and the use of a script.

Here are a couple of approaches.

The script is a property; you can set it yourself.  There are
limitations for standalones.  You can make your own editor.  When you
hit the apply button, the editor can look for includes and expand them.
  Then it can set the script property.  You would use a custom property
for your unexpanded source.

Or you can work out a scheme using the more traditional stack library
or button "library" (front/back script).

Dar Scott