actually the short way returns an error

Christopher Mitchell chrism at lumin.us
Sat Feb 21 08:47:15 EST 2004

Opie,

I think the thing that confused me from the beginning and caused me to
use that variable was that putting in :

repeat with i = 1 to 3
	set the angle of graphic "pointer" & i to rotAngle
end repeat

returns an error in the script debugger of type: set, missing 'to'
.... so by putting in the concatenation, the set command does not
follow to the "to" ... and of course, you can't put the i counter in
quotes, so that's why I started pulling it out of the line.

Is there a good reason why the script shouldn't like the inline
concatenation though? that seems absurd.

Yours,
Chris