revcopyfile: preserve file modification date/time

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Feb 20 18:26:38 EST 2004

>What is the best way to preserve file modification date/time  when copied
>to a Windows 2000 server?

Hi James,

The detailed version of the files function returns, among other
things, the modification dates for each file in the defaultFolder.
So one needs to:

A.  Save the defaultFolder if it needs restoration
B   Set the defaultFolder to the folder containing the file
C.  Get the detailed files
D.  Parse the list to find the line for the file*
E.  Get the date as item 5 of that line
F.  Restore original defaultFolder, if necessary

*Note in step D that the file's name is returned URL-encoded.

Now you have the modification date.  How you get the Windows server
to retain or reset that date is beyond my scope of experience.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company