[OT] Cross Mac Platform Text Editing

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Feb 20 09:00:41 EST 2004

>Text edit for Mac OS 9 has a 32 kb file limit.

Thanks, Wouter; but that's not my problem.

The TextEdit file appears to have some non-displayable File
Type/Creator pair when opened in Mac OS9.

AppleWorks shows the file in an answer file dialog; but says it can't
translate the file...which WAS formatted as text-only.

Both AW & Teach Text will open the file after the Type & Creator are
changed; however my Code Warrior editor still won't show the file in
an answer file dialog.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company