Beginners global variable pb

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Fri Feb 20 07:15:57 EST 2004

Welcome to the revolution!

On 19/02/2004 18:33:27 use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>Hi,

>Since I defined the variable as global up in the stack I don't understand
>why it doesn't apply to every card and field. Maybe there is another way
>do this?

Have you tried shared-fields? Otherwise you run a script that changes the
languages after changing the language.

>(On top of that the ideal for me would be to have a hidden card
containing
>a table where each column would be a language and each row a field's
content
>since I could then keep simpler code in the text fields and probably
import
>and export the translations to work on it elsewhere than in Revolution.
>First I've got to figure out how to "put content of cell
>("LanguageChoice",3) of field "FullText" of card "Translation" into field
>"Headline"" but I think I'll try to figure that out on my own before
coming
>here again ;-)

It's near ready but not quite, I will release this weekend an API to
change
GUI languages with built-in extensible translation table to handle an any
number of languages (yes, including klingon!). Look for a discrete release
of my browser tonite or tomorow... The API includes a scanner to find your

controls and gives you the choice for each control to change the content,
tooltip and label of that control.

>P.S. Oh! Just one more thing, is there a way to have an image put in such
>away that it appears in every cards at the same place when you create a
new
>card? And if you modify that image you don't have to copy and paste
hundreds
>of times? It ain't a priority but it would be cool ;-)

create a group, make it's background behavior true. Put hte image in it
and
THEN create your cards... Doesn't work for cards created earlier...

cheers
Xavier

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER