Variable arguements

Kevin nnoydb at excite.com
Thu Feb 19 21:22:04 EST 2004

In the Runtime Revolution Transcript Dictionary lookup:

[param]

Returns the specified parameter passed to the current handler.

the param of parameterNumber
param(parameterNumber)

param(3) -- returns the third parameter
param(0) -- returns the handler name

Use the param function within a handler to get the value of a parameter when you don’t know in advance how many parameters will be passed to the handler.

[paramCount]

Returns the number of parameters passed to the current handler.

the paramCount
paramCount()

the paramCount
repeat with thisParam = 1 to the paramCount

Use the paramCount function to find out how many parameters were passed to the current handler.

[params]

Returns all the parameters passed to the current handler.

the params
params()

the params
put char 2 to -2 of word 1 of the params into handlerName

Use the params function within a handler to get the parameters that were passed to the handler.

If you have any more questions feel free to email me directly.

Kevin