Scrolling a Card?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Thu Feb 19 20:37:39 EST 2004

At 9:54 AM +0900 2/20/2004, Doug Lerner wrote:
>But what confuses is me is what does it mean by "make the group the same
>size as the stack window..."? If you do that, what is the scroll for?

The group is the same size as the window, but the content of the
group extends beyond the group's boundaries. So when you scroll,
you're scrolling around the (larger) contents of the group. The
group's size - its height and width - determine the visible
dimensions of the group, but the group can have objects that extend
beyond its boundaries, and in this case, scrolling brings those
objects into view.

You can experiment with this easily: create a couple of buttons in
opposite corners of a card, group them, and turn on the group's
scrollbars. Then resize the group so that it's small, maybe 2 inches
by 2 inches. As you scroll around, you can make one or the other of
the group's button's come into view.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com