AudioClip scripting question

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Thu Feb 19 02:47:04 EST 2004

Back again,

> Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 00:08:38 -0500
> From: Thomas McGrath III <3mcgrath at adelphia.net>
> Subject: Re: AudioClip scripting question

> you can set the idleRate and or idleTicks for quicker or slower
>
> on mouseStillDown
> set the idleRate to 75-- (Play with this awhile, I didn't so I don't
> know the right times to use)
> play audioClip "one.au"
> end mouseStillDown
>
> I do notice some inconsistent behavior in these messages being sent but
> it might still be a better way.
Still just makes it go faster, doesn't cure the staccato chatter.

NOTE: It would be nice if it could do what SC does in a 'play forever'
command, but it's a Mac thing (only works with a data fork .snd resource,
not files).

I can live with a .1 sec sound...it'll dial OK even if it doesn't exactly
simulate a real telephone keypad.

Ken N.