Style: Select Grouped Controls

Jim Lyons jimlyons at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 18 08:33:09 EST 2004

One use for groups I haven't seen mentioned:

When I have a set of buttons or graphics that have identical behavior,
I make an invisible group of them and put the handlers into the group.
This is better than using the card script, where I would have to check
the target to see what to do; when the group gets a mouseUp, I know it
had to come from one of the controls in the group. And if there are
several different sets of controls, this is the best way to organize
and streamline things.

I turn Select Grouped Controls on and off all the time when I'm
working. It took me a while to catch on, but now I'm used to it.

Jim Lyons