OT Yahoo Privacy - lack of

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 17 18:11:21 EST 2004

Erik Hansen wrote:
>> Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons"
>> to track Yahoo Group users around the net and see
>> what you're doing and where you are going - similar
>> to cookies. Take a look at their updated privacy
>> statement:
>>
> http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html
>>
>> About half-way down the page, in the section "Outside
>> the Yahoo! Network", you'll see a little "click here"
>> link that will let you "opt-out" of their new method
>> of snooping. I strongly recommend that you do this.
>>
>> Once you have clicked that link, you are opted out.
>> Notice the "Success" message the top the next page.
>>
>> Be careful because on that page there is a "Cancel
>> Opt-out" button that, if clicked, will *undo* the
>> opt-out.

Thank you for posting that.

Another useful link is their feedback form, where you can share your views
on this practice:

<http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/privacy/cgi_feedback?radio30=radio305>

I invited them to meet the challenge outlined in my own privacy policy.  I
doubt I'll hear from them. :)

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation