Windows Application Icon

rodney tamblyn rodney at infiny.co.nz
Tue Feb 17 05:11:58 EST 2004

I don't know if this is relevant to the discussion, but you may need to
set a registry entry to map the icon number to your file type, this is
from the Metacard list archives:

http://www.faqchest.com/prgm/hypertalk/metac-01/metac-0103/
metac01032004_07477.html

~ Rodney
--

You need to create a 16 bit icon then use that when you build the
standalone

Lets use .file as an example. The application we will register it to is
FileView.

-- register the file type to FileView
get setRegistry("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.file\","FileView")

-- register a friendly name for the file type
get setRegistry("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FileView\","FileView Files")

-- register a defaultIcon for the file type
get setRegistry("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FileView\DefaultIcon\", "C:\Program
Files\FileView 1.0\FileView.exe,1")
-- The 1 is the document icon of the executable. Icon 0 is the default
executable icon.

-- register a shell open command for the file type
get setRegistry("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FileView\Shell\Open\Command\",
"C:\Program Files\FileView 1.0\FileView.exe %1")

%1 gets replaced by the location of the stack to be opened.

Note: The above scripts may have been wraped