sounds/telephony

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Feb 17 01:26:57 EST 2004

Hi Dar,

> Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:30:03 -0700
> From: Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com>
> Subject: Re: sounds/telephony
>
> on dial dNumber
> open driver "com3:" for update
----------
Thanks much.

What is driver "com3:"? , i.e., where did you get the info for this?
----------
> write "AT" & numToChar(13) to driver "com3:"-- dummy command
----------
What is this for? Never used a dummy command before. I forgot the S -reg,
but I think there's one that spends a second or two and checks for valid
dial tone.
-----------
> write "ATDT & dNumber & numToChar(13) to driver "com3:"-- dial number
> send hangUp to me in 10 seconds
> end dial
-----------
Once again, you're referring to a driver. Why? What about the port?
Shouldn't we be addressing a port instead of a driver?

I'm not getting that. Must be some kinda Windows thing, yes?
-----------
> on hangUp
> write "ATH0" & numToChar(13) to driver "com3:"
> close driver "com3:"
> end hangUp
>
> You have to modify this to use the right com port.  You might like a
> different way to hang up.  If you use an external modem you may need to
> set up serialControlString.  Some modems are not exactly Hayes
> compatible and you may need to fiddle with the line end.
Is there a way to detect what is being used and try a few other things until
something works?

The app I'm building may be used on several different machines.

I just want them to click on the number and it dials.

Thanks again,
Ken N.