Style: Select Grouped Controls

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Mon Feb 16 23:30:03 EST 2004

Howdy,

> Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:44:52 -0800
> From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
> Subject: Re: Style:  Select Grouped Controls

> I use it like the Subselect tool in many drawing programs like
> Fireworks, LiveMotion, etc., turning it on and off as needed.
-----------
Oddly enough, that's what I always thought it was for, so that's how I use
it too. Dictionary says:

If the selectGroupedControls is true, clicking an object in a group selects
only that object, even if the editBackground is false.
> I wonder if others would pick it up faster if it was acessed as a standard
> subselect tool from the tool palette.  There's even an empty space as though
> waiting for such an addition. :)
Seems like a pretty good idea, but a keyboard toggle shortcut would be even
better, IMHO.

Hmmm. I think I'll try to implement that right now, if I can figure out how
to hack the menus.

Ken N.