Style: Select Grouped Controls

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Feb 16 14:44:52 EST 2004

Dar Scott wrote:

> I am more than just curious; this might affect how I deliver custom
> controls.  It is certainly not my intent to start any religious wars.
> We seem to have different ways of getting things done; I'd like to
> learn from that of others.
>
> I wonder how folks use "Select Grouped Controls".  Some possible
> answers:
>
> [ ] Never.  It shouldn't even be on the tool bar.
> [ ] Only in special cases and then turn it off.
> [ ] By default.
> [ ] Always, of course.
> [ ] Is this why I keep accidently messing up my group contents?
> [ ] What's a group?

  [X] I use it like the Subselect tool in many drawing programs like
      Fireworks, LiveMotion, etc., turning it on and off as needed.

In a drawing environment I'm building for a client I've added a tool in the
tool palette for subselect, which is simply the pointer tool with the
selectGroupedControls set to true.

I wonder if others would pick it up faster if it was acessed as a standard
subselect tool from the tool palette.  There's even an empty space as though
waiting for such an addition. :)

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation