special character question

Friedrich F. Grohmann shedrup at ms9.hinet.net
Sat Feb 14 23:51:15 EST 2004

The scenario: PowerBook G4 with Rev working under Panther. I create a
simple stack with one text field, font specified as "Times". Type text
right into the field, then open the Character Palette via the Keyboard
Menu in order to insert special characters. This does not work and I am
told "Couldn't see the application font. Please set it to 'Times Regular'
in the application." Typing "Times Regular" as the font in the Text
Formatting section of the Object Inspector does not help.

Second attempt: I type the needed text including the special characters
in a TextEdit document. Copy/paste into the Rev field. Different things
happen:

     with the field font set to "Times" the special character will stick
out as the character it should be but in another font (Helvetica?);

      with the field font specified as "Times,Roman" the special
character and all the text following it will turn into the other font
while the text before the special character stays in Times;

     if I select the pasted text and set the font via the menu to "Times"
the special character turns into gibberish.

Is there a way to put special characters into Rev text fields in the font
I need? Any help appreciated.

Fritz