sounds

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 14 20:24:58 EST 2004

Ayup. I missed that little caveat but it IS there.

The other site folks mentioned findsounds.com specifically has a caveat
indicating that they make no promises re: copyright status of the files
listed, so one probably needs to be careful what one uses from that
site as well.

For those who might like to add a touch of music to a stack, something
no one has mentioned yet is that the loops included with GarageBand are
royalty free.  From Apple's website

interludes, played in a variety of moods and genres, on many different
instruments.<<<

There are also a number of websites out there now offering additional
free loops, as well as user-created pieces utilizing these loops.  I
think most are referenced on www.macjams.com.  One site I know of
offhand is http://www.bitshiftaudio.com/products/bbb/free_bee.html
which is offering 40 MB of free loops for GarageBand.  The loops are
available as AIFF files (which is why they are so large).

Marian