Building app distributions - some best practices?

Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com
Sat Feb 14 20:23:43 EST 2004

My test with OS X's built-in .zip archiving with OS 9 apps showed the
resource fork was not preserved. At least, an app archived that way could
not be successfully sent through email or ftp.

Also (and I mentioned this in my original note) when I .zip the Windows
build and then unzip on Windows I get "extra stuff" - a folder called
_MACOSX. Where is that coming froom?

doug