Text to speech nonfunctional in standalone

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Feb 14 19:23:35 EST 2004

On Saturday, February 14, 2004, at 04:34 PM, Marian Petrides wrote:

> Thanks so much for the tip.  I didn't know I needed to manually move
> it.  Or (rereading your message) is there some checkbox I need to
> select to get it to be placed there in the process of making the
> standalone?

If you allow the Distribution Builder to place it, check "All Others"
in the "Inclusions" tab.

Though this is under the heading "Script libraries:", this is really an
external.  This is called a library other places and, though in a
general sense it is, this can be confusing.

The DB will place the revSpeech.bundle next to the .app file.  It is
not inside or in some special system folder.

The DB will append the path to the external to the externals property
of the main stack, so it should not mess up what you have.

A path to an external is relative to defaultFolder at the time the
folder is loaded, which in this case is the folder containing the .app.
  So if you move the external down inside the .app, then you need to
include that path.  I don't think having redundant paths will hurt.
So, if you will be moving this, include that in the external paths
before you build.

It is a little scary not knowing what the DB will do to your stack, so
to feel comfortable, you might want to add some debug into in some of
your first apps.

Dar Scott