Text to speech nonfunctional in standalone

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Feb 14 17:22:57 EST 2004

On Saturday, February 14, 2004, at 02:39 PM, Marian Petrides wrote:

> What gives?  Evidently there is some difference between the IDE and
> the standalone that prevents the contents of the first field from
> being properly captured and presented to the speech routine but also
> prevents it from being passed to the second field.  But I can't figure
> out why??????

 From the documentation for revSpeak:

   Important!  The revSpeak command is part of the Speech library. To
ensure that the command works in a standalone application, you must
include this custom library when you create your standalone. In Step 3
of the Distribution Builder window, make sure the “All Other Libraries”
option on the Inclusions tab is checked.

Could this apply?

Dar Scott