More questions about Dan's ebook

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 14 06:23:19 EST 2004

Thanks, everyone.  A few more questions (sorry!)

1) Judy, were you able to buy just the electronic edition of volume 1
at the $37 price or did you end up buying all 3 volumes at once?  I was
looking for volume 1 electronic edition only since my development
budget is strapped right now and the $97 would be a stretch.

2)  For those of you who bought the electronic edition and printed it
on a laser printer, how did the graphics (photos/screenshots) look? Was
everything readable the way it would be in a printed book?  The reason
I ask is I bought Adam Engst's book on iPhoto which included access to
the electronic (PDF) version prior to release. When I compared the
printouts from the electronic edition with the actual book, I found it
a lot harder to read the photos/screenshots in the printout made from
the PDF perhaps because I still use a 300 DPI laser printer.

BTW, what I suggested to Jacque (and she says RunRev folks will
consider) would be to have the books available the way Engst's was for
people ordering the hardcopy, i.e.  you get the hardcopy once it is
printed but in the meantime you can download the PDF to tide you over
until your shipment arrives.  Hopefully, they will find a way to do
this, since it really adds no cost whatsoever to them beyond giving the
buyer a download link.

Marian