use-revolution Digest, Vol 5, Issue 136

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Feb 14 04:11:25 EST 2004

Back again,

> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:42:42 -0500
> From: Thomas McGrath III <3mcgrath at adelphia.net>
> Subject: Re: Sticky palettes
>
> I have this stack that does it.
----------
P.S.

I pretty much have to reject the other suggested alternative, which is a
smoke-and-mirrors workaround.  I can make it do exactly what I want that
way, but it involves creating false window graphics in a real Windows
environment, probably about 8x as much work, and no cross-platform unless I
redid it yet _again_ on the Mac for OSX only.

If it was a big, highly marketable, ready-for-primetime software product, I
wouldn't think twice about it (plus the fun of building it), but this is for
a volunteer Helping Hands local church ministry recordkeeping and
coordinating thingie. It mostly needs to 'just work'. The palette docking
thing is a convenience I thought might help cut back on the time input and
screen real estate if the user has a bunch of other stuff going on when a
call comes in.

Ken N.