[OT] Improving OS X's x-play file copying

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Fri Feb 13 17:49:33 EST 2004

On Feb 12, 2004, at 11:58 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Is there a checkbox somewhere labeled "Please stop being oh so very
> clever
> and instead only copy the files I'm telling you to copy without also
> creating a bunch of stuff I neither asked for nor need", or the
> equivalent?

Personally I would be miffed if Mac OS X silently started discarding
all the resource forks of my files (possible data loss). So consider
the "._" files as a good thing.

One would hope there is a way to turn it off. Try asking on Omnigroups'
macosx-admin mailing list. Those folks would surely know.

--
Alex Rice | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com