Drawers size

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Fri Feb 13 15:56:06 EST 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 Thomas McGrath III <3mcgrath at adelphia.net> wrote:

> (snip)
> The window I am using is a non standard window, it is a shape. I wanted
> the drawer to come out the bottom of my floating window and that is not
> possible for some reason either. If I had understood that Klaus was
> saying it was not possible I would have given it up sooner.
>
> Also, when the stack goes to WinXP (drawers don't work) the drawer
> becomes a window but the text field in it is see through ie I can see
> the window decorations but the inside is see through. Not good.
>
> It looks like I will need to drop the drawer window idea and make it a
> palette with more control.
>
> Thanks anyway,
>
> Tom

This topic seems to come up about every six weeks, although of course
addressing
differing aspects.

The "drawer samples stack" I have referred to twice during the last 6
months on this list offers still another kind of approach (compared to
Scott Rossi's fine sample stack).

Here is an extract from my original post of August last year:

> Subject: Drawer samples stack
>
> Reacting to a discussion we had on the Metacard list about the new
> drawer command and some posts on the use-revolution list I have
> uploaded a sample stack "drawers2.zip" to
>
> "ftp.hrz.uni-kassel.de/pub/uni-kassel/Zentraler.Medienbereich/Sanke/Metacard/MetacardPractice/"
>
> The stack does *not* use the new drawer command, therefore the
> examples could be implemented on any platform and also with older
> versions of Metacard or Revolution.
>
> Two approaches are illustrated
>
> - changing the stack size - and even here achieving a real
> sliding-drawer effect
> - using substacks or other stacks
>
> Modifying the examples - that use substacks - you can create any
> reasonable number of drawers at any point of the four sides of the
> base stack that slide out  in any direction, i.e. also diagonally.
>
> If you wish, you could also go to another card of the drawer stack
> before it is displayed ( There was a request or a question about this
> on the list).
>
> No "resize"-problems occur as they were reported for the new drawer
> command on MacOS X

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke