Exocet dreams; not the missile but...

Ian Wood ian at azurevision.co.uk
Fri Feb 13 14:43:53 EST 2004

<snip>

>> Last year I mounted a wireless X10 camera to a remote controlled
>> truck.
>> Then from the comfort of my room watching the road in front of the
>> truck through the TV I can race the truck around the yard from a first
>> person view. With out even having a line of sight on the truck.
> ----------
> They've experimented with model helicopter cameras for traffic
> monitoring in
> Seattle (besides the ones mounted on overpasses, etc.). Big Brother is
> watching.
>
> I'm something of an RC enthusiast myself. I learned to fly RC aircraft
> 3
> years ago. There is a retired disabled man in Florida (I think) who
> flys RC
> model aircraft from his wheelchair using computer telemetry from a
> camera in
> the plane which he views on the screen, just like your truck. He makes
> good
> landings almost every time.
>
> This stuff always fascinates me.

:-)

www.azurevision.co.uk/panos/flybot/

A four metre RC blimp with a hi-res wireless video camera.  My
pictures, somebody else's creation.

"Designed specifically to allow the scientists at Eden to study the
high tree canopy, Flybot is used to relay images and data which will
allow the scientists to monitor the health of the plants, and if need
be, to administer biological controls to keep unwanted funguses and
insects at bay.

Over the next two years Flybot will also develop into a 'machine
entity' at Eden, with the goal to allow access to fly Flybot over the
web."