English-like communications adventure with good man UDI

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 05:23:35 EST 2004

--- erik hansen <erikhans08 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >is the code in the code in MakeSMF.rev
> proprietary?
>
> Sorry, I didn't understand a meaning well.
> I want you to say by different expression again.
>
> A thing of specification of note-string(Cq Eq..)
> is one part of HyperTalk.
> I expanded it originally.
> I have not seen it it being used besides
> HyperCard.
>
> All the rights of a script code
> of makeSMF abandon it.
> You remodel it to like it and can use it.
> ==============================
> help!
> i am trying to communicate to UDI that
> his stacks (downloaded from RunRev.com)
> are dehilited in my "Open Stack..."
> place. this is in the development IDE(?).
>
> how do you distinguish a
> standalone/distribution stack
> from a "normal" stack?
>
> if a person is willing to share the code,
> then why make it a standalone?
>
> thanks, Erik

Hi Erik,

I'm assuming you have a Mac, and that when you try to
open the makeSMF.rev stack, it is grayed out in the
Open dialog box, and you can't select it.

This is probably caused by a lack of Type and Creator
codes in the file (this happens when a file comes from
a PC)
- you can either drop the stack's icon onto the
Revolution icon _after_ you've started Revolution ;
Revolution should open it, and then you can save it so
that it remembers being a Revolution doc.
- or you can use Sarah Reichelt's droplet, which you
can download from the Rev Contributions section ;
direct link :
<http://www.runrev.com/revolution/downloads/developerdownloads/Rev%20droplet.sit>

And although I can't speak for UDI, I interpret his
reply as : I made this based on the way you play
sounds in HyperCard, and placed the source doe in the
public domain, so if you want to customise it, go
ahead.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====