10 bugs in 2 minutes time!

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Thu Feb 12 04:12:17 EST 2004

On 12/02/2004 09:54:07 AM use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>Xavier,
>
>> I did that. That why I decided not to upgrade to RR at work.
>> This is not a valuable project, it's just a plain simple vanila
>> browser.
>> Naturally, since I needed a home license the only choice I had was
>> RR Studio.
>
>I admit, this does change things a bit. To be fair, though, you did say
>that these bugs had delayed your release of a stack, and were a concern
>for your ROI. Those didn't sound like for-fun circumstances.

two different issues. My ROI on RR are negative for the moment.
My time is also quite short so that's why it's ultra hard for me to
justify time
to "try" to enter things in Bugzilla if there's a chance of loosing the
work.
As far as this release, well, it's not crucial or important but Im tired
of
encountering so many bugs in just one stupid stack. Many things
work fine. But some of the most basic features break and this is not
normal.

>Alas, I'm very defensive of Rev when I feel criticism is less
>constructive, but I apologize if my posts crossed into flame territory:
>that was not my intention.

I get bad rap for my MC software at work everyday against which
i have not only to defend (and the mac stereotypes too) but it's not just
Mc or my software. Some people dont go looking in deeper than what's
in a GUI and think a CLI is better! I defend the IDE RR and MC each day!

>See my notes on the bugs, though- it looks to me like several of them
>are extremely fixable, even by hacking the IDE quickly while waiting.

I could rewrite the geometry manager if I had time to waste... I paid for
an
IDE, it would be stupid to rewrite the wheel... I did that for the MC
Script
editor and other than my personal use, I never got much demand. Im
actually
considering getting out of computers but cars have the same problems and
so do sponsors ;)

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER