Styled text challenge...

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Feb 12 02:14:30 EST 2004

On Wednesday, February 11, 2004, at 11:57 PM, xbury.cs at clearstream.com
wrote:

> I decided to go plain text instead of facing more bugs

I don't think you demonstrated any bugs.  That may be my fault; I don't
think I followed all.

This may be a misunderstanding of htmlText.  If so, then maybe you and
RunRev might share that blame.  The htmlText property is an alternate
and equivalent representation of text with chunk properties.  This
representation is html-like and being in the style of html is easier to
use than some arbitrary language for many folks.  It allows you to grab
both the text and the properties as one value.  However, it is not
complete html.  It is not even a subset.  It is close enough that the
closeness can be exploited in many ways.

When I was first using Revolution I complained that the representation
of white space was all wrong.  (Whether I was right is another matter.)
  However, when I realized that htmlText should not be considered html,
I dropped that.

Often arbitrary html can be modified to be suitable for htmlText, but
often it take some work.

I don't use rtfText, but I expect the situation is similar.

Dar Scott