New 'Transcript' category in DMOZ

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Feb 11 23:51:02 EST 2004

The other day I took a few minutes to add some Transcript-related web sites
to the Open Directory Project (DMOZ), and asked the section editor for
"DMOZ/Computers/Programming/Languages/" if he would consider adding a new
category for Transcript.

It seems the editor, Mr. Vladimir Merzliakov, is a very efficient gentleman
-- in less than 36 hours he's created a new section for us:

<http://dmoz.org/Computers/Programming/Languages/Transcript/>

If you have a site with Transcript resources (libraries, examples, tools,
etc.) not already listed there just use the "suggest URL" link at the top of
that page to add it.

DMOZ helps feed Google, plays a key part in AOL's search, and is mirrored
worldwide.  Placement in relevant DMOZ categories has done good things for
me, and hopefully the addition of this new category will help all of us who
program in Transcript.

If nothing else, the branding value of adding Transcript to DMOZ'
Programming Languages category helps legitimize the language among
programmers who frequent that category.

Once we get a few dozen links there I'll suggest a category addition for
"Revolution" at "DMOZ/Computers/Programming/Development Tools".

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation