distributing data files with builds

Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com
Wed Feb 11 21:31:23 EST 2004

Say I wanted to include a text file, like a version "history", with my
standalone apps.

1. Is there an automatic way of having the file copied into all the builds'
folders, or do I have to place them there manually? If so, I'll just keep
the version history in a field or something...

2. When in the IDE I use the "effective filepath of this stack" to locate
the external text file. For the standalone app, this didn't work. I guess I
have to use the "defaultFolder" instead. Is there something I can use that
will work for both the IDE and standalone app?

Thanks,

doug