RR as a browser plugin?

HyperChris at aol.com HyperChris at aol.com
Wed Feb 11 18:54:07 EST 2004

Richard,

I thought long and hard (well you know ... in web time) about your
explanation to my plug-in question during your Rev seminar at MacWorld SF and I agree
with all of your points. It forced me to realize that what I wanted, however,
was different than that for which I asked!   Instead of a rev engine plug-in, I
want one that makes the following scenario happen ....
   i roll out a web page with a link to my rev stack
   that triggers a "plug-in required" the user accepts
   the plug-in is downloaded
       it launches and downloads the rev client app
         AND (most importantly)
       configures the browser to use the app as the helper for the rev type
   the link to the rev stack now goes through and launches the rev helper app

That type of scenario cuts the roll-out cost of the app significantly. IT
would not have to go around and configure everyone. If we can offer that to
clients then we will be local heroes. The village people would sign songs about us

Christopher