Styled text challenge...

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Wed Feb 11 12:17:44 EST 2004

Im not sure if i was clear,
I want to convert HTML text in fld "HTML" to RTF in fld "TEXT"

But Im practically giving up, this is too much hastle, not to mention
uncooperating clipboards, rr script editor, formats, html pages that
are using more and more weird crap... Basic text will be a fine standard
for reading!!!

cheers and thanks for the help...

On 11/02/2004 06:13:04 PM use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>(after 5 minutes battling with lotus notes (takes 3 minutes to copy paste
>BASIC text at 99% CPU usage %)(*&@%)@(*@(%*@
>, ultraedit (never copies on the first try) and RR to get this copied
>corretly without shrunk styled text in a CODE window
>that doesn't need it... and the text menu in the script editor is
>disabled!!!!! )$%(*@)(@*%)(%*)
>
>no, that just returns the html code as the content of the field...
>

>On 11/02/2004 05:49:39 PM use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>>On Wednesday, February 11, 2004, at 08:39 AM, xbury.cs at clearstream.com
>>wrote:
>>
>>> Other than parsing completely out the html code, you would assume that
>>>
>>> set the RTFText of fld "text" to the HTMLText of fld "html"
>>>
>>> converts html to styled text... BUT IT DOESNT!
>>>
>>> There doesn't seem to be any other language features for this purpose.
>>
>>It is not clear to me what you want.
>>
>>Do you want the RTF representation of the HTML representation of some
>>text in a field?
>>
>>Does this (untried) do what you want?
>>
>>lock screen
>>put field "text" into temp
>>put the htmlText of field "text" into field "text"
>>put the rtfText of field "text" into rtfOfHtml
>>put temp into field "text"
>>unlock screen
>>
>>I suspect I have missed the need.
>>
>>Dar Scott

>Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com
>
>IMPORTANT MESSAGE
>
>Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International