XML tree-view as a database frontend in Rev?

Toma Tasovac ttasovac at princeton.edu
Wed Feb 11 07:42:45 EST 2004

I have a highly structured mySQL database which I am using as a content
depository for a dictionary project. The db is designed in such a way
that each dictionary entry follows the TEI XML guidelines.  I would
like to build an XML tree view of database records and allow the user
to edit the records in the tree view (similar to the way it's done in
the example stack xmltree-view which comes with Rev).

So far, I have learned how to query, select, display and edit mySQL
records in Rev, but I am having difficulties making the jump toward XML
in Rev.  What would be the right place to start when trying to
implement the Rev xml tree parsing abilities as a database frontend?
In other words, what would be the most straightforward way of telling
Rev. to display a set of db records in the xml tree view?  And then
telling the database to update the records based on the changes made in
the xml tree view.

All best,
Toma