Is Transcript's English orientation a plus or minus?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Feb 10 21:05:36 EST 2004

>> I think that one of the selling points of MetaCard was its reputation
>> of being rock-solid. Rev should strive for the same.
>
> Revolution might have a larger customer base and a customer base
> consisting of a broader range of customers.  This might contribute to a
> greater number of reported bugs as every nook and cranny is trampled.
> So for RunRev to maintain a like reputation of Revolution being
> rock-solid, the product may have to be many times over more rock-solid.
> RunRev should strive for that.

Related: when you come across an issue that hinders your project, make sure
to test the problem with the Rev IDE suspended.  More often than not, you
may find the issue is IDE related, and not a fault of the underlying engine.
The Rev IDE is still very new compared to what drives it.  Even MC's
idiosyncrasies could be bypassed in many cases by circumventing the IDE.

While I can't say I've pushed the engine as hard as the combined talent of
this list, in my experience the engine's performance has been exceptional.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Development & Design