Is Transcript's English orientation a plus or minus?

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Tue Feb 10 20:29:15 EST 2004

On Wednesday, February 11, 2004, at 01:14  AM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

>> Supporting JavaScript is an interesting idea.  I probably wouldn't
>> used it, but I wonder if it would bring others to Revolution.
>>

> And the new Director supports JavaScript alongside Lingo syntax. My
> bet: it'll just confuse everyone. (And I love Lingo, BTW)

> Dan Shafer, Revolutionary

Hah!  Lingo supports = (equal sign) as an assignment operator (plus
lots of overloading +=, -=, etc.), so I guess "x = 1" can't be all that
bad :-)

My bet is that it will lower the barrier against using it for those who
know Javascript already -- "Hmmm, Director has Javascript syntax?
Maybe it won't take as long to get up to speed as I previously thought
it would."

-- Frank