Is Transcript's English orientation a plus or minus?

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Tue Feb 10 17:12:24 EST 2004

Sure, this is a perfectly valid point.  Most tools have their place; some
are more extensible or perhaps farther-reaching than others...

I largely have no need for the power/etc. of C et al.  Others likely do.

I would just hate for the elegance and comprehensible nature of xTalks to
be compromised because 'it's not how it's done in C' et al.  Lingo is I
think a good example.  Started out okay, now is "a mishmash of C" and its
original xTalk qualities, with the former taking over the latter...

For the folks who need it, the traditional systems programming languages
will probably always be there.  I just hope that xTalks will, too.

Judy