Is Transcript's English orientation a plus or minus?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Feb 10 13:38:54 EST 2004

On Tuesday, February 10, 2004, at 11:12 AM,
revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com wrote:

> If Rev is always aimed at being accessible to beginning programmers as
> foundational principle, I think it is going to be regarded as
> un-professional by IT departments.

Thirty years ago I wrote a proposal for using lisp for a distributed
control system project.  Now "everybody knows" that lisp is not
suitable for such a system.  So, I addressed all the reasons why lisp
would actually work and why--in this particular case--it was needed to
meet the requirements.  My proposal met all requirements, but was
rejected on the grounds that "everyone knows" lisp is not suitable for
control systems.

Dar Scott