OS X Standalone Prog Folder Problem?

Peter Reid preid at reidit.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 18:28:24 EST 2004

Hi Rob

Thanks for the tip, that's sorted the problem!  I've now put this
together into a single handler that returns both the program path and
the application name:

on getProgPath @thePath, @theFileName
   set the itemDelimiter to "."
   put (the platform is "MacOS" and item 1 of the systemVersion >= 10)
into itsOSX
   put the filename of this stack into thePath
   set itemDelimiter to "/"
   if "Mac" is in the platform and itsOSX and \
     the environment is not "development" then
     delete item -3 to -1 of thePath
   end if
   put last item of thePath into theFileName
   delete last item of thePath
   put "/" after thePath
end getProgPath

Just in case anyone else has the same problem and wants a "potted" solution!

--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk
         preid at reidit.demon.co.uk
         peter.reidit at ntlworld.com
Web: http://www.reidit.co.uk